1. WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW. 'WASITACARORACATISAW'. This is the only English sentence which even if we read in reverse, it'll give the same sentence.
“WAS IT A CAR OR A CAT I SAW”(我看到的是一辆车还是一只猫)这是英语中唯一一句反过来念还是一样的句子。
2. According to a research project at Cambridge University, It doesn’t matter what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. This is because the human mind does not read every letter.
3. "Goodbye" came from "God bye" which came from "God be with you."
4. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!
“The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.”（这只敏捷的棕色狐狸跳过了一只懒狗）这句话用到了字母表中的所有字母！
5. 'Go', is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
6. The onion is named after the Latin word 'unio' meaning large pearl.
7. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from and old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
词组“rule of thumb”(经验法则)，是从一条古老的英国法律中来的，即：不能用超过大拇指粗细的东西打老婆。
8. The word Tips is actually an acronym standing for 'To Insure Prompt Service'.
单词“tips”(小费)实际上是“To Insure Prompt Service”(保障快捷的服务)的首字母缩写！
9. The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis!
10. More people in China speak English than in the United States.
11. The word "listen" contains the same letters as "silent."
12. Hoover vacuum cleaners were so popular in the UK that many people now refer to vacuuming as hoovering.
13. Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, "Gadsby", which contains over 50,000 words -- none of them with the letter E!
14. Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.
15. The most used letter in the English alphabet is 'E', and 'Q' is the least used!